The NP Series provides customers with the capability of detecting slow and fast neutrons and measurement of tissue equivalent dose rate of the neutron field. The detectors contain a proportional counter which produces pulses resulting from neutron interactions within it. The probes contain components which moderate and attenuate neutrons so that the net incident flux at the proportional counter is a thermal and low epithelial flux representative of the tissue equivalent dose rate and the neutron field.
The neutron probe also contains a Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), Amplifier and Logic, and a CCA High Voltage supply.
The NP Series of detectors are SMART probes, which retain probe information in non-volatile memory. When calibrated, data such as probe calibration constants and identifying information are stored and verified in the EEPROM memory in the probe circuitry.
The NP Series of detectors are "maintenance free" in design and require no routine servicing or preventive maintenance.
The NP Series can be connected to multifunction control and display units such as ADM 606 M.Features:
- Designed to respond to thermal, epithelial and fast neutrons
- Measurement of tissue equivalent dose rate of the neutron field
- SMART probe retains probe information in non-volatile memory
- 3He/BF3 proportional counter
- 10B attenuator
- Polyethylene moderator
- Excellent linearity and accuracy
- Detectors are easily interchanged
- Optional mounting bracket